In this podcast, we discuss some good and challenging topics suggested by listeners.The first one is about parenting advice. Many parents who look for advice from friends are give absolute declarations about the “only way” to parent. But in reality, many parenting matters are best left to an individual’s judgment. As Catholics, we believe that there are certain issues that are black and white, but not everything falls into that category! The first step to responding to others with charity is to realize that our way is not always the way for everyone. In this episode, we also take on a question about discipline when you have 3 under 3, which gives us the chance to talk about toddlers–one of our favorite topics! And we play a recording of a question sent in by a listener about mentoring teen boys whose brains are being flooded with testosterone. Our answer? Look to the elephants. No, really, we do say that. Listen in and join the conversation!
**Sign up for the free webinar on the Family Board Meeting: https://www.messyfamilyproject.org/family-board-meeting-2021/
- Elephants and Dads: https://www.fatherhood.org/fatherhood/humans-and-elephants-both-fare-better-with-dads-around
- Catholic Variety: https://reginadoman.blogspot.com/2020/12/my-family-church-church-as-big-rowdy.html
- Enjoying your Toddler: https://www.messyfamilyproject.org/mp-071-enjoying-your-toddler/
- Discipling and Disciplining Our Teenagers: https://www.messyfamilyproject.org/mp-064-discipling-and-disciplining-our-teenagers-pt-1/
- Guide to Discipline: https://www.messyfamilyproject.org/discipline-guide/