Ready to Build?
The LORD saw how great the wickedness of human beings was on earth, and how every desire that their heart conceived was always nothing but evil.But Noah found favor with the LORD.
Cana90: Week 3
This week’s passage is a familiar story to us: Noah and the Ark. You may have only thought about this story as a nursery decor or as a parable about the end times: but have you considered what lessons it might hold for your marriage? This week we will dive into that layer of the story. Let’s take some time this week to reflect on our communication with the Lord. Do we share with Him our frustrations? Do we take the time to listen to His direction?
Download the PDF for your daily reflections and weekend family activities! For your convenience, we’ve posted the family activities below as well.
Weekend: Grow Your Family Culture!
- If we were living in the early Church during the time of persecution would there be enough evidence to convict our family as Christians?
- Have someone in your family pretend they are a Roman prosecutor and they are trying to throw you all in jail. What is the proof against you?
- Start thinking about choosing a family scripture. Is there a passage which speaks to our family that we can all memorize during Cana90?
- If your family enjoyed the toy animal Creation Story last week, act out the story of the Flood with the same cast of animals and a laundry basket.
- Make a tin can telephone. Make the string really short and then really long. Reflect with your kids on how clear the messages were with the different string lengths. When the cans are closer together we can hear the person on the other end more clearly. The closer we are to God the better we can hear Him.
- Give out paper and colored pencils and take some time for everyone to draw your family and God. Let each person explain their picture and take time to discuss. From this activity talk about how you can all grow in that relationship. How can you come closer to the Lord together?
Messy Family Podcast Resource for the Week:
Make sure you are signed up for the Cana90 emails to make sure you get these weekly emails and resources. Sign up at Cana90 Subscribe page.