God created mankind in His image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Let’s go back to the beginning. If the wedding feast of Cana took you back to the time of your own wedding, this week’s Scripture will take you even further back: to God’s plan for man and woman “from the beginning.” This week we are going to think about God’s plan for your marriage. Keeping your commitments this week should help you be open to more grace in your marriage and make you more aware of God’s action in your life.
Download the PDF for your daily reflections and weekend family activities! For your convenience, we’ve posted the family activities below as well.
Weekend: Grow Your Family Culture!
- What are the things you are most grateful for in our family?
- List three events ahead of you that get you excited – even if they are years away. What is your favorite thing to do with your family? If we could travel anywhere together, where would it be?
- What is your favorite part of creation? Why?
- How do you tell people that you’re grateful? How do you tell God?
- Take a 360 tour of Sistine Chapel at the Vatican website and find the famous Creation story images hidden there. Hint: look up!
- Gather all of the stuffed & toy animals in your house and set up a little Creation story scene. Let your kids name the animals.
- Read Chapter 8 and 9 of The Magician’s Nephew by C.S.Lewis and compare it with Genesis Chapter 1. Talk about the parallels. What’s similar? What’s different? How does Lewis’ story make you think about the Biblical creation in a new way?
- And of course….COLORING PAGES! These are from ChristianSchoolPrintables.com.
Messy Family Podcast Resource for the Week:
Make sure you are signed up for the Cana90 emails to make sure you get these weekly emails and resources. Sign up at Cana90 Subscribe page.