On the third day there was a wedding in Cana, in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding.
~ John 2:1-2
This week we encourage you and your spouse to meditate on the Scriptures and reflections for the betterment of not only yourself but for your marriage and your family. This is not a solitary endeavor! Our calling to grow through our chosen commitments is oriented to helping us become a greater gift to others. As you begin Cana90, turn towards your family; your spouse, your children, and make a commitment to grow with them through this process. Let us begin again!
Download the PDF for your daily reflections and weekend family activities! For your convenience, we’ve posted the family activities below as well.
We created a cool printable Victory Tracker for you to tally your Victory Points.
Weekend: Grow Your Family Culture!
- Why is our family life important to you? What do you love about our family? What would you like to change?
- Do you ever feel like mom and dad ask you to do things that make no sense? Do they turn out well when you do them?
- How does fasting, prayer, and mercy help us to become better listeners and servants for Jesus? How can this make the world a better place?
- Take some extra time before or after Mass to look around your church and see if you can find any images/icons/art/trappings of a wedding.
- Visit (via video) the Church of the Wedding at Cana in the Holy Land at Jerusalem Experience.com.
- Wedding at Cana coloring page at Ministry-to-Children.com
- Talk about your own wedding with your kids. Look at your family wedding album or video. You can take a picture from your wedding and convert it to a coloring page with this tutorial at cnet.com.
Messy Family Podcast Resource for the Week:
Make sure you are signed up for the Cana90 emails to make sure you get these weekly emails and resources. Sign up at Cana90 Subscribe page.