Email from Cana 90 – Day 5
Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Marriage
Prayer, fasting, and showing mercy is not usually something that most people look forward to (at least not as much as Mardi Gras 🙂 ) This Lent, through the process of Cana 90, we encourage you and your spouse to meditate on the scriptures and reflections for the betterment of not only yourself but for your marriage and your family. Lent is not a solitary endeavor. Our calling to grow through our Lenten practices are oriented to helping us become a greater gift to others.
As you begin this Lent and Cana 90, turn towards your family; your spouse, your children, and make a commitment to grow with them through this process.
“On the third day there was a wedding in Cana, in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding.” ~ John 2:1-2
Take some time to reflect on the first 2 verses from the 2nd book of the Gospel of John. Ask yourself how you can invite Mary and Jesus into your marriage. Ask Mary and Jesus in prayer how they desire to be present to you in your marriage. Also, this can be a great family prayer, ask your children how they see Mary and Jesus present. Ask them for some ideas how as a family you can allow Mary and Jesus to be more present.
Family Activities – Ideas for this week
Celebrate your wedding day
- Not with cake or drink, but within the spirit of this great time of fasting.
- Look at your wedding photos or watch your wedding video with your family
- Choose one photo from your wedding to hang in a public area in your house
- Tell your children “your story” which is ultimately their story
- Re-live your first dance with your spouse
- Recommit to your wedding vows
- Renew your wedding vows