Email from Cana 90 – Day 16
“The Lord made for the man and his wife garments of skin, with which he clothed them.” ~ Genesis 3:21
Even after Adam and Eve were disobedient and hid from God, abdicated their personal responsibility and really acted quite wretchedly, God still came to them where they were at, supplied their needs and set them up for success as a couple and eventually a family.
We started with a gratitude reflection this week. Let’s also end there;
- What are the ways that God has continued to supply your family with grace upon grace even amidst your faults and failings?
- Where is God loving you?
Family Discussion Questions
- What are the things you are most grateful for in our family?
- What is your favorite part of creation? Why?
- Make a Family and Spousal Bucket List: What are the things in your family and marriage that absolutely need to happen or you would deeply regret it?
Family Activity Ideas for the Weekend
- Take a 360 tour of Sistine chapel & find the creation story.
- Gather all of the stuffed & toy animals in your house and set up a little Creation story scene. Let your kids name the animals.
- Read Genesis Chapter 1 with your children and then read the creation of Narnia
(Magician’s Nephew, end of Chapter 8 into Chapter 9). Talk about the parallels. What’s similar? What’s different?
- Visit a local church or shrine with your kids and see if you can find any images that relate to Genesis 1-3. (hint an easy one that may not be obvious is any statue of Mary where she is standing on the serpent’s head)
- And of course….COLORING PAGES!